Acupressure and Reflexology
We all need to relax and unwind, and having a specialist massage is the perfect way to do this. In addition to her fitness skills, Vikki is fully trained in the art of Acupressure and is an ITEC Reflexologist. She provides a mobile massage service so clients can choose between receiving a treatment in the comfort of their own home, or alternatively from Vikki’s private gym in Codicote, should they wish to escape their busy home life!
This rejuvenating back, neck, arms and shoulder massage will leave you feeling invigorated, refreshed and totally energised. Acupressure is an ancient Chinese technique similar to acupuncture and involves the use of finger pressure on specific points along the body relating to different organs. The main goal of acupressure is to bring the body back into balance and assist in a more harmonious lifestyle.
Benefits of Acupressure massage:
- Reduce build-up of tension in neck, back and shoulders
- Boost immune system
- Depression and stress relief
- Enables body to relax deeply
- Sinus relief
- Relieves work-related disorders such as RSI
- Relieves migraines and headaches
- Relieves insomnia
- Reduces constipation
- Aids with digestive disorders
- Relieves menstrual pain and regulates menstrual pattern
- Relieves toothache
- Lowers blood pressure
- Relieves pain
- Helps to fight illness
- Promotes a sense of wellbeing
Acupressure is a non-intrusive treatment applied in a specially designed, portable chair. There is no need to remove your clothes and no oils or creams are used.
Reflexology is the ancient Chinese art of healing by working pressure points on the feet and hands corresponding to different organs, glands and structures of the body. This type of massage brings about deep relaxation, stimulates the body’s own healing process and helps the patient return to a state of balance and wellbeing.
Reflexology can provide relief from the following afflictions:
- Lack of energy
- Poor cardiovascular or lymphatic circulation
- Imbalances in the nervous system
- Eating/Metabolic disorders
- Irritable bowel syndrome/Constipation
- Respiratory problems/Asthma
- Hay fever/Sinusitis
- Pre-menstrual tension (PMT)
- Menopausal symptoms
- Back and shoulder pain/Sciatica
- Muscle strains
- Post-operative recovery
Contact Vikki today to arrange your private acupressure or reflexology session.